Wednesday, November 28, 2007

happenings at the Lehr home


Well, next week is our big move!! Thankfully, we have found a wonderful home and will be moving in before the holidays. I have been praising the Lord continually that He did not make us wait until after Christmas. So, if I'm a little slow at returning emails next week, you know why.

I'm not dreaming of a white Christmas this year, because that's quite rare in NC, but rather one filled with a house full of family and friends and sweet times with my girls. I bought garland to put around my new mailbox and wreaths for all the windows outside.. oh, the fun I'll have!!

Scott is beginning a new series for Christmas that I'm really excited about and he's been busy as ever. God has been challenging him greatly lately, but we're excited for all that He will do through my precious husband.

Ella is learning all kinds of shapes right now. She asked me to draw a "pentagon" and a "trapezoid" today. Thanks to our friend Kelly who is a 1st grade teacher. :) She is really excited about Christmas. There are 2 particular Christmas trees that we have to drive by almost daily for her right now. Her favorite songs right now are "Away in the Manger" and "Jingle Bells".

Ava will turn 6 months old this week! She is such an absolute joy and has the sweetest little personality. She and Ella are already laughing at eachother. What a joy than to see these two girls loving on one another.

As you all get ready for these busy holidays, make sure you take plenty of time to tell your little ones about how it's really all about precious baby Jesus and the miracle of HIS birth, which is why we celebrate.

For our friend Liz, we are praying for you and love you! Rest up and we pray that you'll be well soon.