Saturday, May 31, 2008

Baby girl turned One!!!






It's been a happy birthday for little miss Ava. She's one today! Oh, how the time has flown by. I literally cannot believe it's been one year since my precious girl joined our family. Last night, as I prayed over her in our nightly fashion, I couldn't help but remember a few things about last year on that night.....

I cried all evening, because I felt so bad for Ella. I thought "this poor girl's world" would be turned upside down by bringing a new little person into our home.... only to realize now what a gift her sister has been to her.

I found myself anxious as could be, to meet this new little girl, but a little unsure of how my heart could love her the same as my firstborn... only to realize that God made my heart for my little Ava and it aches for her when we're apart.

I was already tired from 9 months of pregnancy and wondered how I'd ever have the strength for TWO little ones... only to find that He renews me each day and gives me just what I need... even if that's different than what I think I need. :)

Thank you Lord for my precious girls and the gifts they are to us!

Here are a few pictures from Ava's birthday party today. It was a "Tea Party" theme with

peti fours and tea sandwiches. So much fun!! Ava's having her first bite of cake in the first picture and both girls are having tea with my mom in the last picture. :)