Sunday, August 19, 2007

Crazy Week

Well, it's been the most ridiculous week!! It started with our move to an apartment last weekend, (because we're building a house to be closer to our church). The move wouldn've been so bad except that it seemed to span over days and days and all in close to 100 degree heat.
Then, the night we moved in the air conditioning went out. Then, we lost a freezer of food after the outlet in the garage we've rented stopped working. hmmmmm. And, guess who got to clean our the freezer full of yucky spoiled meats and such???
Then, as though there needs to be a "then". :) We found fleas in the apartment. Ahhh yes. The joys of apartment living. So after fogging the place and spraying unbelievable amounts of flea killer (and leaving with my baby girls for a couple of days) we are now back and praying that we don't have any more problems. We're only here for 90 days after all. :)

So... what have I learned? A lesson that God reminds me of frequently. We have not been called to a "comfortable" life. It's interesting how we have gone through some really uncomfortable things over the past few years and I just know that I am being reminded to rely on my only one constant, my only one true Hope in this world and that's Jesus. The minor discomfort that I experience at times in life will never compare to what He did for me by dying in my place so that I could have a personal relationship with Him. Even in the midst of this past week, with all the craziness and 2 small babies to care for I can honestly say that I just love Jesus. :)